Monday, February 14, 2011

Elder Tingey Contacted a Moving Vehicle

Hello, hello, hello.

First of all, I think the easiest way for me to recieve letters is just through this e-mail account! Dear Elder is complicated, and I don't know why Pony Express style mail exists anymore. I can recieve pictures and anyone is allowed to e-mail me through here!

We recieved changes and I am now with Elder Brassard in the other area of Costa Rica! Elder Sanvicente finished his mission and went home to Mexico, and Elder Richins is Elder Davis's (Davis'?) new companion. We all still live together for the time being. I worked with Elder Brassard in Culiacán for my first couple of days in Mexico. He is a really cool Elder who is a convert from Texas. He went to BYU Idaho, and used to work for American Airlines, so he would get free flights everywhere, and one time was in Orlando for twenty seconds because his arriving flight had been delayed and his arriving flight was leaving really quickly.

I contacted a moving vehicle yesterday. That was interesting. Lots of people yell, "Where are you from?" or "White boys!" or for some reason "What's crack-alackin'?" I think I heard that about twice in America, but about 6 people have yelled it at me since I got here. Anyways, we were riding bikes in Costa Rica, and a truck was driving by me when the passenger yelled, "Wherd ard jyou from?!" So I pulled my bike over and grabbed onto the side of the truck and talked to him for a while while the driver continued through the city.

Mom, that was neat the you mentioned The Family: A Proclamation to the World. We've been sharing that with lots of families lately. I hadn't read it for a while before my mission, but it is a really cool document. I like that it mentions the importance of work and recreational activities. Families are pretty important. We often start off a lesson and we say something like, "What is the most important for you?" Everyone says, "Pues, mi familia." I don't know if everyone would give that same answer in America, but here, it's very easy for people to see the blessings that they can recieve through the Gospel because all of them apply to families. The Gospel blesses families in so many ways. The Gospel is primarily knowledge. It is sometimes defined as Heavenly Father's plan for us and sometimes and the teachings of Jesus Christ, but these are essentially the same. The Savior taught that through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end, we are able to return to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father after this life, and our families can be together for eternity. The knowledge of these essential truths apply to our everyday lives, and create unity in families.

We're having a lot of fun! For the last week we've hardly had time to to contact or try to find new people because we currently have so many people to visit.
I'm out of time.

Love,

Elder Tingey



No comments:

Post a Comment