Monday, January 2, 2012

Palabra de Sabiduria, Beso



















Elder Mendoza is now my third companion whom the Sinaloaenses have tried to greet with a kiss. I don't know what it is about all my companions, but apparently they are irresistable. I only get handshakes.

New Year's was pretty nuts here. And when I say nuts, I mean drunk. There were loads of drunkards who apparently all want to go to church that accosted us during the festivities for 2012 that lasted about 48 hours. A member family gave us turkey and ribs and salad (with croutons and dressing and all that jazz), all things that I don't remember the last time I ate them. Everyone here loves any excuse they can find to throw a party, and the kids love any excuse that can find to play with fireworks. The amount of fireworks is startling, but the fact that five-year-old kids were throwing them at each other is more so. Is it weird that I had to convince one of our investigators (a fourteen-year-old girl) not to drink alcohol at a New Year's Party?
We're working with a good pool of investigators. It's been really difficult to get people to church with all of the holiday craziness and a schedule change for the sacrament meeting. We're working hard, and I'm particularly excited for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment