Monday, May 9, 2011

Destroying Missionary House with a Scrub Brush





I have left Costa Rica! After four months there, I felt like I knew everyone, and that had been my whole mission thus far; and so, leaving that place was very strange this morning. I think I was able to finish strong with this last weekend that we had.

On Friday night, we had a missionary activity in the chapel: a movie and sports night. We were inviting people all week, and lots of the members were really pumped about it and inviting friends as well. We set up a huge screen and watched "the Testaments." Afterwards, Elder Merrell and our branch mission leader, Hermano Salvador Cervantes, asked trivia questions and threw treats out to those who got them right. Afterwards, we had soccer and volleyball set up. It was really fun, but we didn't have the amount of success that we were expecting and hoping for. I really want to find ways to do missionary work well through activities such as one.


On Saturday, we had a baptismal service for Angelica and her daughter,Julisa, and Silvia and her daughter, Biasne. Silvia ended up being extremely nervous about getting in the water, and decided to wait until next week. But, we baptized the other three. It such an amazing experience everytime. They're so excited! And we're so excited! That was a great service, and we did the confirmations in the sacrament meeting the next day.
Sunday was a very normal, and therefore insane, day. I spoke in both branches and taught in all three hours of my own branch. None of the members of the branch presidency were there, so our ward mission leader was presiding by himself. We taught a few lessons in the afternoon and shared some parting messages with my converts. At night, got to call home for Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Talking to the family was very fun, and verystrange,and I felt like it was only 5 minutes long.

This morning I left early from Costa Rica, and got to spend some time with all of missionaries going through the bus center in Culiacán while waiting for my bus. Elder Brown is doing really good. And now I'm in Angostura, Sinaloa. My companion is Elder Monroy from Mexico City - who was in Costa Rica before, so I've heard lots of good things. I've only been here a few hours, but I know I'm going to love it. Mostly because of the trees. I am going to be destroying the missionaries' house with a scrub brush and some soap very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment