Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Forkrails?

Maira was baptized! But, I don't have any pictures, because I wasn't there, because I was picking up my new companion! It's been a complicated week. Maira is really cool, her neighbors are members and we've been teaching her family during this month. We'll keep working with the rest of the family, but for now Maira is the newest addition to the ward. I'm now training again.

Elder Lopez got sent off to the southernmost part of Sinaloa, and Elder Smalley arrived! He's from Levan, UT, and sometimes has a pretty wicked accent when he speaks English. He was telling me about his house, and said, "Over here we have forkrails."



"Wait, what are forkrails?"
"... four corrals. They're right next to the crick."
He served for three weeks in Fresno while waiting for his visa, so he's pretty much arrived pre-trained.

I think I sometimes try to hide it when my mission is more difficult. I don't really know why. I want all of my letters to be positive, so when it's rough, I feel like I don't have a lot to say. The mission has been like a roller coaster, there are really, really great times, but sometimes it's really hard too.

One of the more spiritual times during the week was the new missionary orientation for Elder Smalley's group. I translated for the assistants, and as a side effect got really pumped up too. The new missionaries are just contagiously faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment