Monday, October 10, 2011

Sore Bum


We had a baptismal service on Saturday for Sarahì and Alma Rosa. The room was packed with family members and friends and ward members. They were both confirmed on Sunday as well. There was a pretty rambunctious get-together at Sarahì's house afterwards, so we just grabbed some carne asada. It was a fun day. I love baptismal services every time. The new members are always so excited, and we work so hard to help them get to that point. It's kind of relieving to just see them come out of the font. Of course, it's a big step, but not the last.

I finally had to translate "the Testaments" from English to Spanish for the first time when we watched it with a less-active family. It's over an hour long. That was a workout, expecially since I could remember the word for "betray" the whole time - which is apparently really important. Elder Crabb translated for Chayo, the pet monkey.

I had the chance to get a sore bum again from bike riding! I went on divisions with Elder Johnson from my district and was on a bicicle for the first time in the Baja. The trucks here aren't so apt to let you hang on to the back like they were in Costa Rica, but there are some giant hills.

I also had the opportunity to give my first baptismal interview, for Alma Rosa. They are awesome. Starting out, I asked if it would be alright if we could start with a prayer.
"Could you offer it?" I asked.
"Sure, that's fine."
...
...
After about thirty seconds, I asked, "Did you say a personal prayer?"
Alma said, "I thought YOU were saying a personal prayer!"
So, successful interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment